All you need to know about...
1. Collection of Personal Information
- 1.1 The information collected by INTAFLOORS from you assists us in personalising and improving the shopping experience for our customers. Such information is utilised primarily to ensure supply of goods to you the customer. Such information includes:
- 1.1.1 Name and address for delivery purposes;
- 1.1.2 Day time phone number;
- 1.1.3 Email address;
- 1.1.4 Product preferences;
- 1.1.5 Information regarding promotions and other service of INTAFLOORS;
- 1.1.6 Information pertaining to membership or Wish list components. >
- 1.2 Information regarding your use of the INTAFLOORS website may also be obtained through the use of 'cookies'.
- 1.3 INTAFLOORS will not collect sensitive information without your consent, unless it is necessary for such information to be collected for an activity or function, and will not collect any such information in a secret or dishonest way.
2. Use of Personal Information
- 2.1 The primary use of personal information is for the purposes listed under the heading, Collection of Personal Information, above. However, we will use and disclose your personal information for the approved purposes and in a variety of ways associated with the approved purposes, including the following:
- 2.1.1 To assist in the development of information technology requirements, systems maintenance and developmental issues;
- 2.1.2 To analyse information for product development, marketing and research purposes and to improve and extend our range of services;
- 2.1.3 To investigate and resolve complaints concerning the provision of services by us or others associated to us;
- 2.1.4 Marketing directly to you in accordance with the National Privacy Principals;
- 2.1.5 Disclosure of your personal information to any other organisation or person involved in carrying out any necessary function or activity on our behalf, including complaints handling and fraud prevention, whether within Australia or overseas;
- 2.1.6 Disclosure of your personal information in a manner authorised or required by law;
- 2.1.7 For any unrelated secondary purpose to which you consent;
- 2.1.8 For compliance with any legislative and regulatory provisions
- 2.2 Moreover, we shall not utilise personal information without taking reasonable steps to ensure that the information is accurate, complete and up to date.
3. Disclosure of Personal Information
- 3.1 INTAFLOORS may use and disclose your personal information for approved purposes and in a variety of ways associated with approved purposes. This includes the following:
- 3.1.1 INTAFLOORS may disclose personal information to related or unrelated third parties if consent has been obtained from you.
- 3.1.2 INTAFLOORS may disclose personal information between related body corporate's In circumstances where information is disclosed to related body corporate's they are bound by the original primary purpose for which the information was collected.
- 3.1.3 INTAFLOORS may disclose personal information to unrelated third parties to enable outsourcing of functions for purposes including, but not limited to billing, customer relations management and order fulfilment. This will be done when such disclosure is within your reasonable expectations.
- 3.1.5 INTAFLOORS may disclose personal information to law enforcement agencies, government agencies, Courts or external advisors where permitted or required by law.
- 3.1.6 INTAFLOORS may disclose personal information to avoid an imminent threat to a person's life or to public safety.
- 3.1.7 INTAFLOORS is not for a primary purpose, then it is for a related secondary purpose. If disclosure has not been obtained, then INTAFLOORS will not disclose your personal information, unless for the reasons documented at 3.1.1 to 3.1.6 above.
- 3.1.8 INTAFLOORS does not generally sell or share its customer lists on a commercial basis with third parties, but in the event that we did, it would be done only if the appropriate consent of the individuals have been obtained. In this circumstance, INTAFLOORS will take steps to ensure that the use of its customer list by the third party does not exceed the scope of the content.
4. Security and Quality of your Personal Information
- 4.1 INTAFLOORS will take reasonable steps to ensure that any of your personal information that is collected, stored, used or disclosed by us is accurate, complete and up-to-date. To do so, INTAFLOORS shall do the following:
- 4.1.1 INTAFLOORS will review its collection and storage practices on a regular and ongoing basis to determine how improvements to accuracy can be achieved.
- 4.1.2 INTAFLOORS requires its employees and contractors to perform their duties in a manner that is congruent with our legal responsibilities in relation to privacy.
- 4.1.3 INTAFLOORS will take all reasonable steps to ensure that all paper and electronic records that contain personal information will be stored in a facility that will not allow unauthorised access.
- 4.1.4 INTAFLOORS will review its information security practices on a regular and ongoing basis to determine how improvements to security can be achieved.
5. Access of Personal Information
- 5.1 INTAFLOORS shall take reasonable steps to limit access to personal information by doing the following:
- 5.1.1 INTAFLOORS will allow access to personal information records by the relevant individual, should such requested access be in accordance with the Privacy Act.
- 5.1.2 INTAFLOORS will correct its personal information at the request of the individual concerned as soon as practicable, and in accordance with the Privacy Act. Should an individual wish to correct their personal information, they should contact INTAFLOORS directly.
- 5.1.3 INTAFLOORS may charge a nominal fee for process of an access request if such a request is complex or resource intensive.
6. Cookies and other technologies
- 6.1 As is standard practice on many corporate websites, INTAFLOORS utilises cookies and other technologies to assist us in determining what components of our website are most popular, and to ensure that our online advertising is bringing customers to our products and services. Cookies may also be utilised to study traffic patterns and most importantly, to ensure that your experience in interacting with us is convenient.
7. Are Your Personal Account Details Safe When Being Transmitted?
- 7.1 INTAFLOORS endeavours to protect your personal information during its transmission. Customer account information provided through this site is held in a secure server environment behind INTAFLOORS firewalls.
- 7.2 All credit card details and personal information is transmitted using a 128 Bit Secure Server Software (SSL), the latest industry standard encryption, to protect the loss, misuse or alteration of your credit card information under our control. In the same way department stores use EFTPOS terminals to process credit card transactions, INTAFLOORS uses Westpac’s secure payments system to process credit card payments via the EFTPOS system.
- 7.3 INTAFLOORS advises that all secure pages are clearly identified by the locked padlock and the domain name http://www.intafloors.com.au
8. Are Your Personal Account Details Stored Safely?
- 8.1 INTAFLOORS shall take reasonable steps to ensure the security of personal information held by it from such risks as loss or unauthorised access, destruction, use, modification or disclosure of data. INTAFLOORS only permits your details to be accessed by authorised personnel.
9. Where we store you Personal Information?
- 11.1 This Privacy Statement may change from time to time. These changes shall be highlighted in this area at the time of amendment.